Practical Introduction to Pumping Technology by Uno Wahren. A basic guide to pumps from specification to installation, operation, and maintenance. Here is a convenient, concise reference book for pump users, application engineers, technicians, and buyers. It contains, in condensed form, valuable information on selecting centrifugal and positive-displacement pumps for given applications, creating the necessary documentation, choosing equipment manufacturers, and checking vendor data. You will find a complete explanation of the types of pumps and the terms and parameters used in pump applications. This book outlines the data required by the client, engineer, and buyer to obtain a comprehensive quote.
The Contents of Practical Introduction to Pumping Technology
- Data Required for Pump Specification.
- Pump Types. Specifications.
- Pump Applications.
- Centrifugal pumps design and application
- Effects of Viscosity on Pump Performance.
- Pump Formulas and Head Calculations.
- Audel Pumps and Hydraulic
- Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH). Pump Shaft Sealing.
- Pump Bearings, Lubrication, and Seals. Metallurgy.
- Pump Drivers. Gears. Pump Controls and Instrumentation.
- Documentation. Pump Installation. Pump Operation.
- Troubleshooting. Appendixes: Charts and Specification Sheets; Viscosity Charts; Conversion Factors