Solar Energy Renewable Energy and the Environment by Alma Cota, Majid Ghassemi, and Robert Foster. This book intends to provide field engineers and engineering students with detailed knowledge for converting solar radiation into a suitable energy supply. Within this book, solar energy technical fundamentals are presented to give a clear understanding of how solar energy can be captured for later use. Such energy can be collected by two types of devices: Thermo solar collectors, which transform solar energy into heat, and PV modules, which directly convert the energy intrinsic within light into electricity. Other important types of solar receivers use mirrors or lenses to redirect solar radiation toward a solar collector; the purpose is to focus as much energy as possible into a particular point or volume.
The Content of Solar Energy Renewable Energy and the Environment
- Introduction to Solar Energy
- Solar Resource
- Fundamentals of Engineering: Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Solar Thermal Systems and Applications
- Photovoltaic Cells
- Basic Electrical Engineering Handbook
- Photovoltaic Conversion Systems
- Photovoltaic System Sizing and Design
- Photovoltaic (PV) Applications
- The Electronics Handbook
- Institutional Issues
- Energy Storage
- Batteries in PV Systems
- Determination of Battery Failure & battery age.