The Handbook of Biomass Combustion and Cofiring by Sjaak van Loo and Jaap Koppejan. Combustion technologies are commercially available throughout the world. They play a major role in energy production from biomass. For further implementation of biomass combustion, however, combustion technology needs to be optimized to meet demands for lower costs, increased fuel flexibility, lower emissions and increased efficiency.
We feel that it represents a comprehensive overview of important issues and topics concerning biomass combustion and co-firing. It was carefully compiled on the basis of available literature sources, national information and experiences as well as suggestions and comments from equipment suppliers. The compilers especially benefited from the large number of international experts in this field that participated as authors. Because of the speed of technology development in this field we believed it was necessary to update the handbook.
Contents of The Handbook of Biomass Combustion and Co-firing
- Biomass Fuel Properties and Basic Principles of Biomass Combustion
- Biomass Fuel Supply and Pre-treatment
- Domestic Wood-Burning Appliances
- Combustion Technologies for Industrial and District Heating Systems
- Power Generation and Co-generation
- Biomass Ash Characteristics and Behavior in Combustion Systems
- Environmental Aspects of Biomass Combustion
- Research and Development: Needs and Ongoing Activities