We will discuss important steps involved in Boiler gas tightness test procedure.
-Close all the dampers in the grate hopper of the boiler.
-Run the FD fan and open all the dampers excluding the dampers in the grate hopper. Keep air pressure and running time as approved by design.
Detect leakage by soap solution /smoke test.
Vital points for leakage are
- Air heaters
- Duct joints
- Weld Joints
Note the leakage and number them for rectification and record.
Procedure for Gas tightness test:
- Ensure that mechanical erection of boiler and ducting up to the chimney is completed.
- Ensure Trial run of the fan is completed.
- Check the completion of sealing system and all weld joints and flange joints in ducting exposed to test.
- Close the discharge damper of ID fan to chimney.
- Run FD fan and keep open all the dampers in the air and flue gas path. Keep the air pressure and running time as approved by design.
- Detect leakage by soap solution/smoke test.
Vital point for leakage
– Manhole doors
– Peephole doors
Note the leakage and number them for rectification and record.[bws_pdfprint]