A career guide to the safety profession by American Society of Safety Engineers Foundation. The Career Guide to the Safety Professionbprovides an overview of the variety of careers available in the safety profession. It also provides guidance in the selection of undergraduate and graduates academic programs, and profiles some safety professionals now employed in both the public and private sectors. The professions described here are critical to the health and safety of all working men and women. One partner to these professions is the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, NIOSH identifies the causes of work-related diseases and injuries.
The Contents of Career Guide to the Safety Profession
- Introduction to HSE
- What is the Safety Profession?
- The Essential Manager’s Handbook
- What Safety Professionals Do
- Where Safety Professionals Work
- Employment Outlook for Safety Professionals
- Safety Professional Reference and Study Guide
- Should I Become a Safety Professional?
- How to Become a Safety Professional
- Areas Where Safety Professionals Can Specialize
- Occupational Hygiene and Risk Management
- Profiles of Safety Professionals