Workshop Practice Series No.06 Measuring and Marking Metals by Ivan Law. Everyone needs some form of measurement during workshop production or making any part. How to use measuring equipment and how to mark out work is not always simple. Essential skills are required to use the measuring instrument and its type. The purpose of this book is to show how engineers or workshop personnel may be acquired and work with measuring instruments.
The Contents of Measuring and Marking Metals
- Concepts of Measurement
- Saws and Sawing
- Chapter 2 Rules and Calipers
- Chapter 3 Micrometers
- Types of Micrometers and their uses
- Chapter 4 Vernier Caliper Gauges
- Chapter 5 Dial Gauges
- Chapter 6 Angular Measurement
- Chapter 7 General Marking-out Tools
- Industrial Machinery Repair Best Maintenance Practices Pocket Guide
- Chapter 8 Tools for Marking Castings, Forgings, etc
- Chapter 9 Marking out Sheet Components and Interpreting Drawings
- Chapter 10 A Summary involving a practical example.