A Guide to Fire Safety Engineering by Don Christian British Standards Institution-BSI (2003). This document aims to provide an introduction and initial understanding of the principles of fire safety engineering and its relationship to fire precautions. It also suggests why such engineered solutions might be offered in achieving the objective of satisfactory safety levels in case of fire. This document does not aim to provide a detailed understanding of fire safety engineering. It is a basic guide for those who are new to the subject.
The Content of A Guide to Fire Safety Engineering
- 1. What are the fire precautions?
- 2. What is fire safety engineering?
- 3. Benefits of fire safety engineering
- Fire Alarm Systems A Reference Manual
- 4. Background
- 5. Using standard guidance – code-based solutions
- 6. Using fire safety engineering
- 7. Good questions for those dealing with a fire safety engineering design
- 8. Conclusion
- Health and Safety Pocket Book
- Terms and definitions