Trenching and Excavation Safety by OSHA. Trenching and excavation operations pose significant risks and are considered some of the most hazardous activities in construction. To mitigate these dangers, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA Training Course) has established strict guidelines and regulations for such operations under 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 1926, Subpart P. This booklet aims to highlight crucial aspects of the standards and provide essential information on safe work practices that can protect workers from hazards such as cave-ins.
The Contents of Trenching and Excavation Safety
- difference between an excavation and a trench
- dangers of trenching and excavation operations
- Workplace Safety and Health
- Protective Systems
- Additional Hazards and Protections.
- Workplace Safety Pro your A to Z Guide
- Workers’ Rights
- 100 Safety Topics Book
- NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Program
- Occupational Safety and Health Training
- Trench Safety