You can increase boiler efficiency up to 10% without even spending any penny or up to 15% with spending some money. Take these steps on your steam boiler and you can save a lot of energy, fuel, and money.
18 ways to increase boiler efficiency
- Control excess air of your boiler. 5% Reduction in the Excess air can increase boiler efficiency up to 1%, controlling 3 Ts of combustion. (Time, Temperature and Turbulence).
- Perform soot blowing on time. Fouling of boiler tubes surface by soot will bring about a rise in flue gas temperature. Many boilers require once per shift, it depends on fuel and condition.
- You can increase boiler efficiency by adjusting Burner air to fuel ratio. It is a good step towards perfect combustion that can save fuel.
- By increasing combustion air temperature. 20 C rise in Air Pre-heating by waste heat recovery you can save 1% of fuel.
- Avoiding low primary air velocity.
- Controlling boiler blowdown Losses.
- Controlling boiler condenser Losses.
- Installing Insulation on Boiler and pipeline it can save 2% of fuel.
- Reducing unburnt fuel, radiant and convective heat losses in the flue gas.
- Efficient Steam Management, Maintain steam parameters according to turbine design requirements.
- Prevention of fuel by reducing natural losses like wind and rain.
- Maintaining Boiler draft according to combustion requirements.
- Operate boiler within design limits of pressure and temperature & load.
- Maintain proper safety valve setting.
- Maintain normal level in the boiler.
- Don’t feed that chemical in your boiler that you don’t have enough information about.
- Avoid human errors. Trained personnel operator can reduce running cost of the boiler.
- Adopting New Trends, Innovations in Technology By sharing knowledge with Multiple Industrial units & Engineers.